Sunday 12 October 2014

Module 8 - Managing your flow of information on the Internet

Managing your flow of information on the Internet 

I had previously understood what an RSS feed was - however never utilised the feature on any of my favourite sites or blogs. I loved watching the overview - it was so easy to understand.

Digg
Very easy to sign up with google account and start adding RSS feeds from my favourite sites.

Feedly
Really liked and preferred the layout of this RSS reader - again, very easy to create an account with google+ add the links for the RSS feeds.
I would highly recommend feedly to a first time user.

I immediately went searching for RSS feeds that I could add to my feedly reader. I added my school’s websites (especially the RSS feed for newsletters - as they often escape passing my eyes before parents receive them). However I was disappointed that I could not locate RSS feeds for the diocese. It says the page could not be located. I will keep trying at a later time. It’s always nice to stay up to date.


At this point - since subscribing to RSS feeds is relatively new for me - I see the huge benefit of myself staying up to date with new posts/information available on sites of interest to me. I am sure it would be the same for students.
I did find searching the education tag in feedly helpful to locate some useful sites to keep track of.


No comments:

Post a Comment