Sunday 12 October 2014

Module 5 - Creating and Communicating Online

Mindmapping, Glogster and Prezi


Mindmapping
I used Bubbl.us to record and organise my ideas about the use of Web 2.0 tools to enhance learning. The best part - it is saved for future editing (should my initial ideas shift, change or even if I begin to see connections between ideas over time).


Brainstorm maps, mind maps - are graphic organisers of information and ideas. They are used so often in classrooms. I have always searched for creative ways to create a brainstorm and this application is fantastic. It is quick and easy to use - I imaging very student friendly too.
I instantly got excited - so I signed up and even downloaded the app for my ipad too! :)


As I mentioned above, I was so excited I downloaded the app for my ipad - it is even easier to use. 
Fast, effective, user-friendly. An application that will definitely be added to the bank of class ipads.

Glogster EDU
I will have to devote a little more time to this tool. I feel I need to watch and observe a few more examples to understand how to use this tool effectively.


Prezi
This is such a fabulous tool to use. It was absolutely fabulous that I could create and edit my unique Prezi’s on both my computer and my iPad.


I created a Prezi to explain a new mathematics warm up we would be using in class.
It is great to be able to add text, images, videos and even background music to the presentations. Definitely a modern version of the trusty old powerpoint.

My Prezi - Mathematics Warm Up: The Rainbow Serpent



No comments:

Post a Comment