Sunday 12 October 2014

Module 6 - Exploring photos and videos on the web


My Picasa Album
Earlier this year - Year 3 were working on a unit celebrating the Olympics.
One of their final tasks was to create a sculpture that represents at least one of the Olympic Values.

I really liked the editing options and how easy it is to select a filter or image theme.
I liked how easy it was to add tags to each image and change the copyright permissions.

In all honesty,  did not find this app as appealing as I had hoped it would be. 
Also, I was incredibly disappointed to see many inappropriate images available through the Picasa web page and 'explore' tab. In the 'recent photos' section - many inappropriate images automatically appeared - without even clicking anything.
I hope that such inappropriate images uploaded and shared publicly would not be viewable to students.


No comments:

Post a Comment