Sunday 12 October 2014

Module 7 - Building Online communities

I had started a del.ici.ous account many years ago - while I was in my final years of university.
It was a very new ‘tool’ back then - to track and record sites that were of interest to me. I remember the majority of them were school related.
I remember the part I found most beneficial was the access social bookmarking allowed. It made it very easy to access your favourite sites and links from any computer anywhere. I relate this very much so to our current circumstances using Google Docs. Many a time I have been elsewhere, away from my own laptop - still being able to enjoy easy access to my documents and resources anytime.

Here is the link to my delicious page

Click below to start your own delicious page

I quickly found one of my grade partner’s delicious links too - to be able to view their bookmarks and links. What a great tool to share resources and websites we find with each other. Jess is always looking for new resources and I love stalking her page for new ideas!

One of our favourite social bookmarking sites is Pinterest - definitely a treasure trove of resources and ideas.

So if you haven’t created a social bookmarking account for yourself as yet, check out either of these to get started.


I found it very easy to install the delicious ‘bookmarklet’, which was added to my browser’s toolbar. I wasn’t sure what the tag bundle feature did - so I looked through the help menu and started creating tagged bundles to make it easier to find resources and links that I wanted to ensure would be grouped together when searching.







No comments:

Post a Comment